Next CGC and Therapy Dog Workshops on Saturday Sept 16 2017
Join Family Dog instructor, CGC evaluator AND Therapy Dog Handler, Diana Doolittle for TWO back to back workshops.
Starting at 10 am the CGC workshop will covert what the test involves and has a limited number of working spots for dogs and handlers who are trained for the test. Details and criteria for dogs participating can be found here along with CGC Workshop online registration (click here)
Then at 1pm Diana will hold her Therapy Dog Workshop the first hour covers:
• Benefits of Therapy Animals – Physical, Emotional, Social
• What Makes a Good Therapy Dog / Handler – Important skills, behaviors and characteristics
• Requirements for Becoming a Registered Therapy Dog Team – Organizations include Pet Partners, Therapy Dogs International, and Independent Therapy Dogs Inc. Organization similarities and differences will be presented
• Dog Training to Become a Therapy Dog – Obedience, Temperament, Socialization
• Choosing the Right Environment for You and Your Dog to Visit
The second hour is a mock therapy dog test (FOUR working spots for that opportunity) and a chance for you to hear what other teams are doing and pointers they have. Therapy Dog Workshop online registration (click here).
Ten Minute Ticker – -Rent A Ring
Information about our next training opportunity will be posted here soon.